Spark Small Business Grant Application Requirements
Please review the following list of required documents you’ll need to provide during the Spark small business grant application process.
The following documents are required for the Spark small business grant. Please ensure that all documents are available in the correct file formats listed below.
- Business plan for your future or current brokerage in PDF or Word format. Reference our step-by-step blog or download our business plan template.
- Estimated Profit and Loss statement for 2022 business expenses in Excel or PDF format.
All references will be contacted if an applicant is a finalist for consideration for the Spark small business grant. Each applicant is required to provide a total of five (5) references, as outlined below:
Two (2) Professional References:
- Example: Title company representative, contract processor, non-mortgage supervisor from a former job
- Someone who has worked with you in the last 5 years
- Not a client
Two (2) Community References:
- Example: Religious or volunteer organization leader, professor/teacher, former client, etc.
One (1) Personal Reference:
- Example: Family or friend
You will need to provide the following information for each reference:
- Phone Number
- Relationship to Applicant
Below are examples of questions that may be included on the Spark small business grant application.
Explain why you are passionate about the mortgage industry and why you want to own your own brokerage. (150 – 200 words)
- Why is being a business owner important to you?
- How will opening your own brokerage help you grow professionally?
- Is being a business owner something you have aspired to?
Explain how receiving the Spark grant will help you start or grow your brokerage. (150 – 200 words)
- What aspects of your brokerage will benefit from the grant funding?
- Is there something you want to do but haven’t been able to because of monetary restrictions?
- Is there one or a few key things that you will use the grant towards that are essential to opening your brokerage?
Explain how you serve your community as a business owner and any specific ways you plan to help home buyers? (150 – 200 words)
- Will you host homeowner education seminars?
- Do you share home buying tips on Facebook?
- Do you teach financial literacy one day a month at the community center?
- What will you do as a local mortgage professional that will make you a “Better Broker” in your community?
Back to the Spark homepage